7 Red or Gold Habanero peppers
1 (15.5 ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1 cup distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- De-seed and chop the peppers. If you want more heat, leave the pith and seeds, if you want less, leave them out. Note, these are pretty hot peppers, so there is plenty of heat when you just use the flesh. If your peppers are particularly hot, use fewer peppers, if they are somewhat mild, use more.
- Put the peppers, peaches (including syrup), molasses, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Add salt and spices and blend until combined.
- Pour mixture into a non-reactive saucepan and place on medium heat until the hot sauce is just simmering.
- Barely simmer for about 30 minutes. Taste and adjust spices if needed.
- Prepare 1 pint or smaller canning jars and lids or hot sauce bottles (follow manufacturer's directions on how to prepare and use those type bottles) by sterilizing them in boiling water.
- Fill jars with nearly boiling hot sauce, wipe jar lips with clear cloth dipped in white vinegar, place lids on jars just finger tight.
- Put jars in boiling water bath covering the tops by at least 1 inch.
- Process according to the size of the container, pints for 10 minutes and less time for smaller containers.
- Allow to cool in water for 10 minutes, then remove to a cool until the lids pop. If any lids do not pop, just put those in the fridge and keep cool. Note, the sauce bottle tops will not pop . Refrigerate containers after they are opened.